This project supports development of intelligent products (iPRO) in the Dutch-German border area.
iPro-N is an INTERREG VA project which has the goal of stimulating the development of intelligent products in Smart Industry and Industry 4.0.
At the same time, iPro-N is designed to encourage cooperation between companies in the Dutch-German border area. The project offers companies from the EUREGIO region subsidies in order to offset costs incurred in creating innovations that result in prototypes for intelligent products. Moreover, it also can mean the first step for commercial activities.
Oost NL is leading partner in the iPro-N project.
iPro-N produces 110 intelligent product concepts with feasibility studies, with 80 of these resulting in 65 product prototypes.
The program for SME owners who participate is comprised of a number of phases, from idea to prototype. Depending on which phase the actual innovation occurs makes it possible to skip one or more phases. Refer to the attached flyer. The phases are:
- Intake interview: no-cost for SME owners
- In-depth interview: no-cost for SME owners
- Concept development: maximum 50% subsidy of the costs of sourcing external service providers (to a maximum per-project limit of €5,000)
- Feasibility study: 40% subsidy for personnel costs and sourcing external service providers (to a maximum per-project limit of €20,000)
- Development project (building a prototype): 40% subsidy for personnel costs, sourcing external service providers and material costs (to a maximum per-project limit of €135,000).
The companies will receive stepwise guidance in developing intelligent products.
In addition to a boost in R&D projects, we have seen the following results:
- Encouraging manufacturers to invest in intelligent product development, which has led to a minimum of 65 new products and an investment of €6,500,000.-- in the region.
- Connecting Dutch and German competencies in innovation which enables market entry in each other’s respective markets.
- €6,500,000.-- invested in the region which has created at least 300 jobs through the participating companies.
iPro-N runs until December 2019 and is offered and supported by 5 partners from the German-Dutch border area.
The partners working together in this project are: Oost NL (lead partner), Emsland GmbH, Novel-T, Münsterland e.V., and Technologie Centrum Noord-Nederland (TCNN).
iPro-N is offered in the framework of the INTERREG V A-program Germany-Netherlands by the European Union and is supported by the European Fund for Regional Development (EFRD). The project is co-financed by the Dutch Ministry of Economic Affairs, the Dutch provinces of Drenthe, Friesland, Gelderland, Groningen and Overijssel, and by the German states of Niedersachsen and Nordrhein-Westfalen.
The iPro-N project is currently FULL, but we are and continue to be interested in strengthening Dutch-German cooperation. That is why you can continue to mail, call and address us with your questions. Then we look together whether and how we can help you further and inform you when new opportunities arise.
For more information: www.ipro-n.eu or e-mail us at infoipro-n [dot] eu
Alex van Geldrop
Alex [dot] vanGeldropoostnl [dot] nl
+31 6 288 519 97
markus [dot] mebbenemsland [dot] de
+49 59 31 445019
b [dot] ramakernovelt [dot] com
+31 6 333 163 37
petermannmuensterland [dot] com
+49 25 71 949313
kochta [dot] fh-muenster [dot] de
+49 25 18 364603
TechnologieCentrum Noord-Nederland (TCNN)
Dirk Jan Hummel
dirkjanhummeltcnn [dot] nl
+31 50 575 2836